Saturday 24 December 2011

DirecTV HDUI is rolling out across the land, iPad app adds 12 more live streaming channels

DirecTV began quietly seeding its HDUI to customers back in November, but judging by our tips inbox it has recently picked up the pace of the rollout. It's live in many areas already where you're probably enjoying the sweet, sweet new guide with its 16x9 graphics and speedier interface, but if you don't yet have it, check out the thread at DBSTalk with estimated rollout dates for many areas. Also by way of the forum comes word of 12 new channels including AMC, Velocity and HD Net that were just added to DirecTV's live TV streaming iPad app. Of course, the update still won't play nicely with jailbroken iPads, so a cracked version will be required in those cases. Check out the list of channels after the break, if you're not seeing them in the app try hitting the "edit" button at the top right, finding them in the list and clicking the green plus symbol to add them manually.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

Continue reading DirecTV HDUI is rolling out across the land, iPad app adds 12 more live streaming channels

Filed under:

DirecTV HDUI is rolling out across the land, iPad app adds 12 more live streaming channels originally appeared on Engadget on Sat, 24 Dec 2011 13:14:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink   |  sourceDBSTalk  | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/24/directv-hdui-is-rolling-out-across-the-land-ipad-app-adds-12-mo/

Netgear Sanyo Cannon

1 comment:

  1. When I saw this article I ran over to my friends how because she has Directv, I wanted to see “if it was Directv like I have never seen before” but it was the same Directv with a new guide a bummer I know. Especially seeing how I got a speeding ticket over there because I was so excited. But when I got over to her house, she showed me this iPad app she has been using from Directv, she was happy because they had just added 12 more channels including AMC, and she is a Walking Dead junkie. So I had to stop her because she was going on about this app and she was watching television on it while she was on her couch. I asked her how many channels she gets on her television, which was in front of us on the wall turned off; it’s a beautiful 52 inch Samsung high definition TV, and she responded with about 250 channels. Then I asked her where all she could stream, this is where my mouth dropped, she can only stream under her own wifi signal! I looked at her and asked her why she was watching television on her iPad, took it from and held it to her television so she could see how much smaller it is, and explained she is only getting 20% of her channels on the iPad, when she pays for 100% of her channels on that beautiful TV on the wall. At least the app was free, I would have though that Directv would charge for that as well, and now that she realized what she was streaming, she turned the television on but said she would still use the app when she takes baths and I told her that probably isn’t the best thing for her iPad. I then showed her my iPad which I was streaming television on for her to see, explained to her that I had bought a sling adapter from work at DISH because of the very streaming that she was so enamored with. She asked me how I could do it outside of my house, like there was some magical barrier that kept the signal in, so I explained that the sling adapter’s place shifting ability allows me to stream all of my channels and recorded shows to my iPad no matter where I am. I had to prove it of course, so we went to the park and watched Animal planet. She seemed happy with it, and switched to DISH so she could take advantage of the free sling adapter as well, win win.

    ReplyDelete