Saturday 1 March 2014

Why the Nokia X family is bad for everyone

Nokia X

When you do a thing poorly, nobody benefits

I've had a few days to digest the Nokia X product line announcement from early Monday morning. I've tossed things around in my head, trying to get a handle on what Nokia was trying to accomplish with the new products, what it means for both the Windows Phone and Android ecosystems. I've seen the horrible reaction from potential users on various social networks, and I've read some compleeing arguments that suggest it will be a good thing overall from our own Dan and Chris.

But I'm still not convinced.

I don't see anything here but a play from Microsoft and Nokia to stop users from using Google's services. And it's wrapped up in what appears to be pretty poor packaging. I've decided that my mind is made up, and it's time to let it flow from brain to fingers to keyboard.

Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/why-nokia-x-family-bad-everyone

Mouse TV Screen

No comments:

Post a Comment